1. Oracle Work Force Development Programme
Oracle Corporations Work Force Development Program (WDP) is a unique programme which is utilized to address the skill shortage challenge in the global Information Technology Industry. Oracle is providing training to faculty and students at low cost so that they are able to enhance their skill sets. The students after undergoing this programme are more employable and become tech savvy. The faculties on the other end learn new technologies and keep abreast with the growing scenario.
1.1 The modules conducted by Oracle include:
- Oracle9i: Program with PL/SQL 1.1
- Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL 1.1
- Data Warehousing Fundamentals 1.0
- Data warehouse Database Design
- Oracle9i Database Administration Fundamentals I, 2.0
- Oracle 9i Database Administration Fundamentals II, 2.0
- Oracle9i Forms Developer: Build Internet Applications
- Oracle9iAS: Discoverers for End Users 4.0
- Oracle9i Database Performance Tuning 2.1 etc.
2. Microsoft Faculty Connect Summer School
This is a unique programme which is launched by Microsoft to help the academicians build upon their knowledge on the new technology front. This is of significance importance as it presents an opportunity for faculty members to build bridges with industry as well as network with their peers. In addition, Faculty will be able to gain recognition from their peers as they get invited to attend this exclusive Symposium which is planned to be held annually.
2.1 Topics Include:
Cloud Computing, Windows Phone, Windows 8, .NET, Developer Tools, Lync, SharePoint, Office 365, Xbox 360+Kinect technology, Accessibility etc.
3. Infosys Campus Connect Programme:
Campus Connect is an Infosys sponsored industry-academia collaboration program to align engineering student competencies with industry needs. Infosys, in this Campus Connect program, shares with academia its mature technology training methods, courseware, student project samples and other such learning resources that have been developed, practiced and perfected over the last 15 years. Campus Connect helps the students in applying their learning to practical situations, with special emphasis on teamwork, project management, cross functional networking and effective communication.
4. Wipro- Mission 10x
Experts from Wipro Mission 10 x academy organized faculty enablement programme for the faculty of BUEST to help them comprehend and learn the latest teaching methodologies and practices.
5. Guru Nanak Institutions tie up with Skill Matters
Guru Nanak has tied up with Skill Matters for the development of its students. After these trainings the students are more employable and this has been seen from the excellent track record of placements for 2012 batch. Guru Nanak Institutions runs exclusive Center of Excellence with Skill Matters which provides all the resources to its students to be more employable and more effective in the turbulent times of economic turmoil and growth.
6. Incubation Centre
Guru Nanak Institutions runs an exclusive incubation centre for the best students who have been tested amongst all for developing new projects. These students engage in developing and testing projects for various organizations and this helps in developing their own skill set.
7. MoU with Berkadia:
Guru Nanak Institutions has signed MoU with Berkadia (Warren Buffet Company) for training the students from B-Tech, and MBA on various and then placing them into its organization. Under this MoU the trainers come from Berkadia and students get trained in the campus for more than 3 months. After training is completed the students are assessed and absorbed into the organization.
8. GNI signs another MOU with Berkadia (Warren Buffet Company) for training students on software development and then hiring them as Software Developers.
9. MoU with Cyient: GNI has signed MoU with Cyient for hiring and training students of engineering this year. This is a unique MoU signed with only few top colleges all across India and we have the honour of being one amongst them. This MoU also enables the college to have knowledge sharing sessions from the best industry personnel for the overall development of the students.
10. MoU with Aricent-NASSCOM: GNI has also signed MoU with Aricent-NASSCOM for training its students from circuit branches on technical and behavioral aspects. This training is for 300 hrs and is free of cost. After the training the students get placement opportunities as well from NASSCOM.
11. MoU with Barclays: We have also signed MoU with Barclays for training the students on behavioral aspects and life sciences so as to make them corporate ready. This programme is also free of cost for the students.